I can’t believe I almost forgot how much I loved Mitchel Musso.
I’ve been a fan since Hannah Montana (He played Oliver Oken, one of Miley’s best friends). He then became a singer. At first he just had a few songs in Disney soundtracks, but eventually, he released his self-titled debut album on June 2009. I consider his debut single The In Crowd as one of my all-time favorite songs.
I love every single track in his debut album. I can clearly remember listening to the entire album during long road trips. Of course, I also downloaded his other songs which are not part of his album (I just recently found out that those amazing songs are, sadly, “left over tracks” of the album)
Here is another special track from his self-titled album. It’s called Shout It. It’s special for me because it features his older brother Mason Musso (lead singer of Metro Station). Mason only contributed backup vocals but I knew it the first time I heard the song. But of course I wanted to be 100% sure so I still checked the internet. I was right 🙂
Also, my top favorite song by Mitchel was released on July 2009, as part of the Hannah Montana 3 Soundtrack. It’s called Let’s Make This Last 4Ever. I sang this with my classmates during my Sweet 16th. Here is a clip of his performance on the show:
Very catchy, right? 🙂
On November 2010, he released an EP called Brainstorm. As an avid fan, I was happy about this. He released a music video for every track in order to “tell the whole story”. (You can watch all the music videos here. To be honest, I was very disappointed with this EP. I didn’t like the songs, and the videos were a bit unusual/weird for me. I only liked one song which is called You Got Me Hooked. (And it’s a bit biased because of the lyrics, “When she’s dancing, she shakes it like Metro Station“). I’m sorry but I kinda left him because of that. Also, during this time, I was starting to unconsciously detach myself from Disney. I was starting to like other things. He had a new show called Pair Of Kings but I don’t really watch it because, to be honest, it’s not as good as the previous Disney shows. Sooo that was kind of the end of it.
I watched The Ready Set‘s guest appearance on Disney’s So Random! wherein they performed Young Forever, on YouTube. There was a list of suggested videos on the side, consisting of other performances of the show, and one of them happens to be Mitchel Musso‘s Get Away.
I clicked it. I loved it. Honestly, I don’t remember why I didn’t like this song in the first place. After watching this video, I realized that it’s actually a good song. Once again, I fell in love with him. And so, I checked out (again) the songs from his EP. I kinda like them now. Although still, his first album is WAY better.
Some Random Facts:
- He is now 20 years old (July 9, 1991)
- His acting career started in 2002
- His singing career started in 2008
- He voices Jeremy Johnson in Phineas and Ferb
- He did a cameo (along with Miley Cyrus & Billy Ray Cyrus) on Metro Station‘s Seventeen Forever music video
- His song Shout It from his debut album is featured in Radio Disney Jams Vol. 12
- His song Welcome To Hollywood is featured in the soundtrack of the Disney Channel Original Movie StarStruck (2010)
- He is set to release a new album this year. It’s called Lonely.
- Anthony Improgo (former drummer of Metro Station; Filipino) was in the Got Your Heart music video
- He is one of the first people I followed on Twitter 😛
- I was so butt-hurt that he only appeared for a few minutes in Hannah Montana: The Movie
- Years ago, I had a dream about him. Until now, I can clearly remember what that dream was all about.
- He tweeted me after retweeting my birthday tweet to Mason. First ever tweet and RT from an artist. I was so happy :’)
- He tweeted the video I made for Mason :’)
- I got teary-eyed while writing this article because I realized how much I miss him.